With just a few days to go before Neutrino Day 2023, we want to be sure to let you know what to expect when you arrive in Lead, and throughout the day. This information may change for Neutrino Day 2024, but will give you an idea of the preparations underway.
- All of our volunteers have received an email with volunteer locations, parking recommendations, and suggestions for what to bring. If you volunteered and have not received an email, please send us an email so we can get you the information you need.
- We have posted a volunteer update for each event location for Neutrino Day. Whether you are helping at the Sanford Lab Homestake Visitor Center, the Handley Recreation Center, the Hampton Inn, or the Historic Homestake Opera House, every volunteer will have a t-shirt and a Neutrino Day informational pocket guide waiting for you at your location. It is not necessary to stop at the Visitor Center unless you are volunteering at the Visitor Center or at the Historic Homestake Opera House.
- Due to construction in the city of Lead, the Handley Recreation Center and neighboring Hampton Inn will be the site of most of the informational booths and hands-on activities. There will also be indoor and outdoor activities at the Sanford Lab Homestake Visitor Center.
- The construction will also impact our ability to conduct our full schedule of hoistroom tours. We will be offering six tours throughout Neutrino Day. Tickets are free and can be obtained at the Sanford Lab Homestake Visitor Center starting at 8:30 a.m.
- Teams who are volunteering together are encouraged to meet at Gold Run Park and carpool to each event location to allow accessible parking for all of our volunteers and visitors.
- Shuttle buses provided by the Lead-Deadwood School District will assist our visitors in moving between the locations in Lead.
- We encourage visitors to start their day at the Sanford Lab Homestake Visitor Center, but all event locations will have the ability to hand out wristbands to every attendee. This will help us count how many Neutrino Day visitors we are serving.
We are so thankful for all of our volunteers who make Neutrino Day possible. We look forward to seeing everyone for a bright and beautiful Neutrino Day in Lead!